Thursday 12 April 2012

Multicoloured Stamping Tutorial

So I spent hours trying to take these photos last week after these nails got a lot of love, but I'm kind of missing some in between shots. So this is a little less like a tutorial, and more like some pictures, that I'll try to make sense of :P

For examples of when I've used this method see here, here, here, here, here, here, or here :]

 Add your colours randomly, or however you want, and be generous.
 
 Scrape over that, and clean off the plate (you can see rings of polish from where I waited too long trying to take photos). Make sure not to wipe off or clean your scraper.

This is roughly what you should have on your scraper. This isn't from the colours above - I forgot to take a photo. This is the colour mix that you'll be using.


 Spread the rainbow goodness over the image you're going to use.
I like to spread the polish over in a different direction to the direction that I scrape; to further help mixing of the colours.

Scrape and stamp as normal, and repeat for the other nails :]
 Here are some comparisons between using polish directly applied to the plate, and using what was left on the scraper

And one last example :]
Index finger & Ring finger are stamped using the initial colour, middle & little fingers are stamped using the colour left over from those stamps.


Okay; as this is my first tutorial, please let me know if any parts aren't clear or don't make sense :]

Let me know what you think!

47 comments:

  1. This is really cool! The results are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all makes perfect sense and is very useful indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the stampings on the left better ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I only like using that method when the image I'm using isn't so solid. But fair enough. Each to their own:]

      Delete
  4. neat!! will have to try this sometime! thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wondered how you did such awesome color blending. I will definitely be trying this when I eventually get my hands on a stamper, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering why you didnt just use the stamp after you scraped off the multi blobs-but I see the difference in your last pics-its a subtle difference but I see it. thanks-I so need to try this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I'm looking forward to seeing it, if you try it ^_^

      Delete
  7. its a great tutorial for your first time :) it almost looks tie dye-ish.
    I just got a stamping kit so I can't wait to try this with some of the full nail images. thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nails look gorgeous, brilliant stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to try this!!!!! I would have never thought to do it this way! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really ingenious and something I think only a true artist knows! Thanks for sharing your secrets with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just thinking about this the other day and wondering which stamping plate to use. It looks really great with the zebra print and waves. Now I have the courage to try this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that's really nice, kind of resembles a water marble look with a stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, fabulous post - well done!! And i would NEVER have known you have to use the "goo" - i would have been doing it the first way, rather than the melted way. Thanks, and bravo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful results!! i shall have to try this next time i get out my stamping stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am super excited to try something like this for myself! Thanks for sharing, you're the first blog I came across that showed how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to try this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks so freaking neat! Thanks for posting it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so amazing lol! I can't believe I haven't tried this! It looks so fun when it's stamped on! Thanks for sharing this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I never thought of reusing my 'scrapings' genius!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what an awesome idea to mix the colours will defo be having a bash at this ! thank you great post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant! I love this, going to have to try it now! I've only done two colors before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. when I put multiple colors, I usually just scrape around in random motions..but this makes more sense, haha. I'll definitely try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thanks. I scrape around in random motions when the pattern isn't as solid if that makes sense :] ?

      Delete

I love comments! So don't be scared =] I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Please don't leave links to blogs, I will delete comments with links from now on :(. If you'd like me to check out your blog, drop me an email; or follow and I'll have a looksie =]