Tuesday 21 August 2012

Birthday Nails, Birthday Haul, & Layla Hologram Effect Spam

Hey everyone! I've not had a super productive time off, I mean I've not done too badly; but I've had a lot of sleep, and a lot of relaxing with Scott. So I'm feeling better, and more energetic, so my productivity can only go up this week =]

Today I have for you the Holographic spam of my first linear polish. I also have the nails I wore for my birthday (and all of last week.) And the birthday goodies I got off Scott, and Martine.

Layla Hologram Effect in Ocean Rush came to me in the swap I did with Susana from Blog do Verniz Amarelo I really love this polish so, so much. It's honestly the prettiest polish I own now. And it looks amazing under the lights at work, so the next time I wear it I'm going to drag my camera to work with me. The first few pictures are from my original swatches, and then some better pics from the start of my birthday mani.
Above is two coats, no base coat. And the last picture has a top coat on too. I didn't notice any difference in my top coat dulling down the holographic effect. But i think that probably varies with top coats and the holographic polishes themselves.
With Flash
With Flash
Another flash shot 
Another flash shot, and a blurry shot - but; just look at that beauty!
Subtle rainbow when not in direct light.
In the above photos I'm wearing three coats over a base coat. I can't remember if I had a top coat on or not. Below I added a coat of Color Club - Diamond Drops (I think) to my ring and thumb nails, and slathered on loads of top coat to try and get rid of the pointy edges the big piece left. I think this was only because of the curve of my nails.
Then I added some dog tooth stamping with BM322 the new large Dog tooth image in BYS - Black Satin. Later on in the week on Thursday night I stamped the rest of my nails with this image so I felt like I had something new to wear on Friday night.
Base Coat: La Femme
Base Colour: Layla Hologram Efferct -Ocean Rush
Holographic Shard on Ring: Color Club - Diamond Drops
Stamping Colour: BYS - Black Satin
Image Plate: Bundle Monster BM322
Top Coat: Sally Hansen - Advanced Hard As Nails
& China Glaze - No Chip Top Coat (Pre stamp)
I loove the way the holographic shards pop in between the stamping!

And last, but not least; here's my nail related birthday goodies.

My first every NOPI! Yay ^_^ I'd list all the colours but I'm just too lazy to get up and rummage to find these!

If any one knows what colours those Color Clubs are I think I'd love you forever if you'd let me know! I think they're Diamond Drops, Sweet Pea, Hydrangea Kiss & Blue-ming, but I'm really not certain, and it's so frustrating!

Hope everyone's having a good Tuesday! & I hope you all coped with the large post!

22 comments:

  1. I got that Layla in a swap too, but I can't figure out how to apply it. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit of a pain to apply, it was horrible to work with over my base coat, but I think it would be a different matter if it was a sticky base coat.

      I just did as few brush strokes as possible, kinda like putting on top coat over stamping.

      Delete
  2. I'm getting that Layla in a swap soon - and I cannot wait LOL
    What a lot of goodies you got, it's nice when you get polish pressies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so pretty. I need more holo's in my life! hehe.

      ^-^

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday and I'm loving that Layla on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday... :) It was my birthday on the 11th also... :) Loveddd your mani. I wish I had this polish, but everytime I decide to buy it, I read a bad review and I back up. They say that you need a special basecoat, that it chips real quick, that it makes all your nail faults visible... :( But looking at you, it looks just pretty... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy belated birthday for the 11th! It did chip quickly, but not in the same day, and with extra top coat a day later these lasted 5 days, if not longer with only a few hardly visible chips =]

      Delete
  5. Yay awesome stuff and awesome nails! That Layla is gorgeous!
    Haha I think you're spot on with the Color Club names :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! & I'll just call them that then, until I find out otherwise lol.

      Delete
  6. awesome haul! and i have that Layla, is it a stunner! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks beautiful :) Ocean Rush really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holo polishes are so gorgeous! I love love love this blue one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ocean Rush looks amazing on you! Great photos of it too =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh this is so pretty! I don't own any Layla's but they look amazing whenever I see swatches :) I'm glad your birthday ended up being fun after all and great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a gorgeous polish! Truly amazing andit looks gorgeous on you! :) And awesome gifts :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So don't be scared =] I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Please don't leave links to blogs, I will delete comments with links from now on :(. If you'd like me to check out your blog, drop me an email; or follow and I'll have a looksie =]